// Destroyer of souls- alien whitelist application

Apollo Gaming

• February 20, 2018, 10:53:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Destroyer of souls- alien whitelist application  (Read 215 times)

Destroyer of souls

Destroyer of souls- alien whitelist application
« on: December 19, 2017, 11:22:02 PM »

Username:
Destroyer of souls

Character(s):
Jackson Hincken-Head of Security
Jake Lauret-Detective
Kernel-Bartender
Rayner Coldsmith-engineer
Amanda Robin-Medical Doctor

Alien or Head:
Alien

If alien what alien?:
Resomi

Background of character:
Seechomi (nicknamed seecho by friends and family) was born third in a clutch of five eggs and was born in the “ghettos” of a human colony on mars on 2545-8-21.Seechomi grew up with four siblings ( three male and one female) in a small apartment in the “ghettos” of a mars colony; often his family would be segregated and picked on due to the large amount of human alien haters.Due to this hatred towards his family Seechomi grew to not like humans sometimes even trying to inconvenience them whenever he could get the chance namely by tripping them or ripping their bags when they had things in them.This behaviour was noticed by his family and he became the least favourite of the clutch.Seechomi then spent the next few years trying to make up for his mistakes, even growing the ability to coexist with the humans that he once hated.

Seechomi was fifteen years old when he got offered his first job from a small company in the colony he lived in; he started out as a janitor but after a few years he became the assistant manager to one of the chains on mars.After three years of being assistant manager Seechomi decided to get a new job from NanoTransen, and succeeded; he became a medical doctor after two years of training.Once Seechomi got the job he was content with it and tried his best to save people; sometimes seeing people he once hated.Seechomi stayed a doctor on mars for two and a half years before being transferred to space stations namely the NSS Apollo

Seechomi is a resomi of one meter of height and pale green feathers covering his body; Seechomi is an affectionate and empathetic resomi and is kind to those that are kind to him.His favourite colours include orange green and yellow and he likes plushies just a little too much for normal.Seechomi dislike plants, rodents and the colours grey and black; and can sometimes be a little immature and childish but is generally a well mannered resomi.

Why do you want to be on the whitelist?:
I want to be on the whitelist because it will give me a chance to improve my rp skills and make the station less human focused because that is starting to become a problem.

How good ( According to you ) are you at role play?:
I think I am good at role playing, I have room to improve and I intend to make that room as small as possible and hopefully live up to the medium/heavy role play standards.

Do you, or did you have any previous bans on our server?:
Yes, I got a day ban on December 16 2017 for ERG.

Have you read the wiki page about the species, and will you follow these?:
Yes I have read and will follow the wiki page on the species.

Have you read the Rules and Job-Rules, and will you follow them?:
Yes I have read and will follow the rules and job-rules.

Extra:

dilqui

• Community Manager
  • BYOND username: dilqui
    • View Profile
Re: Destroyer of souls- alien whitelist application
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 11:40:48 PM »

Although the App is well-written, I do personally have some concerns with previous notes regarding the quality of your roleplay. One of those previous incidents involved flooding security with N2 back in July, and another warning for bad roleplay a few days later, in the form of asking a player to kill you. I like the app, and I do believe you are trying to improve your roleplay standard, but how would you say you've changed from then? In what ways has your roleplay standard improved, and what examples can you show us of this? (This could be in the form of another player vouching for you, etc).

Destroyer of souls

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 04:47:00 AM »

I would say that since then I have improved enough in role playing to meet the med part of the “med/heavy rp server” and have started to use the “me” option a bit more.My role play standard has to me improved greatly since July for example as Jackson I don’t shoot on site or set all my weapons to lethal all of the time, and as the Head of Security I try to get my officers to keep the station safe and do their jobs properly, but sometimes they are just disobedient .Examples of this can be found in several of the “events” where I do marginally better at my job than normal such as the pirate event where I tried to negotiate before shooting them;the players that will vouch for me are Blue Bit and RT.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 06:37:26 PM by Destroyer of souls »

Blue_Bit

• BYOND username: Blue Bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 09:16:24 PM »

Just gonna chime in here for a second and say that Destroyer has been consistently improving his RP from what I've seen. Not just like passively getting better at it too, like actually trying to improve at it where he can. I think playing a Resomi would help him improve even quicker, and I'm sure that if there was any RP issue from him a quick admin PM giving some advice would clear it right up!

RT

• BYOND username: Art671
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 06:22:49 PM »

I agree with Blue_Bit with Destroyer consistently improving his RP +1 the dude is doing really well with his improvements and every time I see Jackson engaging in something I like bless him so that's my plus one my dudes.

Kang RT

p.s the forum verification is a piece of shit!
.  /l、
(゚、 。 7  
  l、 ~ヽ   
.じしf_, )ノ u wot m8

TeaTree

• Global Moderator
  • BYOND username: OnyxFiredraft
  • Autismo Birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 07:51:38 PM »

So i'm going to have to say my two cents here

As much as DoS has improved with his RP, the going around begging for people to vouch for him shows insecurity with how FAR have he improved with his RP which is the main issue even the basics of following a role on server he has issues grasping, I worry how he will do with a species which is very RP heavy (This isn't including some issues with the lore of the character which is also an issue) though your issues are not exactly your fault, Someone accepted your HoS app before you even knew the basics of SS13 which has only made you known as one of the worst HoS's, though, again i'll say this is not your fault.
Someone wasn't paying attention when the conversation arose about your app, I don't want another repeat of the last time, we have enough lore breaking resomi on server (though it seems to be better than Roschi so thats a plus) can YOU make sure you're not going to be another cookie cutter Resomi on the server

Until i see a noticeable improvement with your RP this gets a -1 from me and i'm leaning towards denying this though i'll ask the other staff to take a stand here.
*Gib TeaTree Drink*
Spoiler: show

BlooFlar3

• BYOND username: Blooflar
  • derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 07:54:42 PM »

-1 Reading your backstory its a bit off since nothing is said about Imprinting, which would lead you to your current job. Resomi wouldn't be in the "Ghettos" more a Refugee camp. maybe drop base on pack mentally.
And Personally if you want to improve your RP, I would do it as a human since it is easier unless you are looking for a new experience of RP when yh sure once you get the lore down a bit more come and join the space raptors.

dilqui

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 08:48:58 PM »

Well. Does anyone else want to throw your two-cents in here before I reach a decision?

Faustico

• BYOND username: Faustico
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 05:04:53 AM »

Gonna throw in my two cents if its not too late.
I cant really comment on the lore aspect of the application but as far as RP goes I can say that DoS definitely surpasses the minimum requirements as is, full stop. He has improved drastically since he started playing and the fact that he is trying to use this application to improve his RP further is just icing on the cake.
I want to be on the whitelist because it will give me a chance to improve my rp skills
So thats a +1 for me.

P.S.
...(This could be in the form of another player vouching for you, etc).
the going around begging for people to vouch for him shows insecurity with how FAR have he improved with his RP...
Seems like he was informed to go and ask for references...

LordLightningChap

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 02:08:56 AM »

Righty-o. Straight from the loremaster himself, straight from the horses' mouth, and so on.

I know I've said your RP has slightly improved before, but that doesn't give you your golden ticket into snowflake-xenoville. I'm sure you've seen this rant from me hundreds of times, Resomii are a rarer species, but they're the most common species, disregarding synthetics and humans. From there, that isn't a massive problem. The problem stems from people writing up apps, and getting passed for a huge word count, or in general, without my oversight. And, while once again, I've seen some improvement from you, it's not enough for my vote. Until I'm positive you've improved, you may just be contributing to the "cookie-cutter, every xeno is the same," issue, and that's without even poking towards the story itself. The character background, from what I've read, is precisely that. Every other resomii app that's been getting accepted. I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from with this, and until that whole bit gets cleared up, I'm casting my vote as: -1.

Thank you for your cooperation.

dilqui

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 12:31:07 AM »

While I am happy to see several people vouch that your RP quality has improved recently, I must at the same time listen to concerns from my loremasters. If LLC is telling me that the app, lore-wise, could use some further work, then I trust his judgment on it, as well as TeaTree's. Hence, at this point in time, this application is hereby Denied. We encourage that you re-apply after discussing with these admin members their concerns, and after you've proven to them that you have indeed improved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up