Apollo Gaming

• December 19, 2018, 05:05:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APOLLO 2.0 IS NOW LIVE!  (Read 230 times)

laser50

• Administrator
  • BYOND username: laser50
    • View Profile
APOLLO 2.0 IS NOW LIVE!
« on: June 18, 2018, 01:13:40 AM »

((The code is now LIVE, feel free to join us! In case you had forgotten us, here is our DISCORD: https://discord.gg/RGba3G2 where we are most active!))

Ladies, gentleman, and everything in between: I present to you Apollo 2.0.

**What is Apollo 2.0?**
Apollo 2.0 is what we have internally termed the new code release that Laser's been working on for over a year. There are a lot of new items on the list, so I'll just briefly go over some of the more exciting ones:

Persistent Economy (Money in your bank account carries over to the next round)
Permadeath (For those that toggle it on)
Persistent character promotions (No longer a whitelist: Almost everything is now done IC'ly, like we said we would do)
Better lighting (Think VG's lighting system!)
Optimizations (No longer a laggy piece of shit)

And a whole bunch of more stuff that would make this announcement much longer than it needs to be. I know I personally hyped up the Persistent economy for quite a while in the past, and now the staff team has come together to deliver on our promise to you, the player. We'll be releasing a detailed changelog shortly after the code comes live, so you can scour it over and discover what Laser managed to sneak in when we weren't looking.

I thank all of you for your patience and understanding during all this time. I know it's been difficult to spend such a long time without hearing news, but thanks to all your efforts in testing the code, it's now ready to go live.

**What about the map?**
As you can all see in #mapping-project, we are on-schedule to have the map finished in good order. While I won't promise a specific date, given the volunteer nature of the job, I can say that I've been personally satisfied with the progress that's been done, and I'm hopeful we can soon push out the new map to the satisfaction of all.

**And what are you doing to adress the low playercount?**
I've talked a lot about this with Laser, and we've decided that we are going to start actively advertising Apollo. In what form we are still considering, but some options include:

Reddit
Youtube
Facebook

And others. In this regard, I personally welcome any and all ideas to help us reach out to new players and draw them into the server, and if you have one such idea, to get in contact with me via PM's.

**What now?**
For the time being, we'll get back to work on the map. Laser will be on standby to help smooth out any bugs that pop up from the new code, and the @Coder/Spriter/Mapper boys will be getting the new map fleshed out. We'll also be looking at ways to advertise across different platforms to get our playercount back into the 20's we had under XRev.

And that's it for updates. Stay tuned in this space for new updates as they come.

Quotes show up outta nowhere:
OOC: RunningWithScissors: "lolwhoops" - Laser
Pages: [1]   Go Up